With headquarters in Hong Kong and offices in Singapore, Beijing and Shanghai, ALS International is a leading independent executive search firm that has been operating in the region for over ten years. Our specialist team, comprising of industry experts and experienced recruitment professionals can offer you an unrivalled and confidential approach to executive recruitment. We partner proudly with financial institutions, multinational corporations and top tier law firms to cover a multiple of disciplines.
Whether you are an employer looking for the best executive talent or are a professional looking for an exceptional opportunity, ALS International's recruitment and career advisory professionals will understand your unique needs and will tailor their support to exceed your expectations.
Head of Compliance, HK & China (Global Asset Manager) (Hong Kong)
- Global Investment Manager
- Expanding Business In China
- Good Work Life Balance
Our client is a global asset manager providing investment solutions across a range of asset classes to both retail and institutional clients. They are committed to delivering high quality investment outcomes for their clients and as a result of continued growth in Asia Pacific, they are seeking a Compliance professional to lead the team to cover regulatory issues for HK and China
Reporting to the Group CEO, you will be fully responsible for:
- Leading a team of compliance professional in carrying out regulatory compliance duties
- Identifying and managing compliance risks across business activities in Hong Kong & China
- Advising and influencing Management on new regulatory developments for the China business and recommending appropriate policy, procedures and monitoring program accordingly
- Reviewing marketing materials to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Overseeing the design, implementation and maintenance of the company's compliance procedures manual and monitoring program
- Working closely with the Head of Legal to develop and maintain business unit relationships across the region
- Identifying and responding to ongoing regulatory changes and to implement new policies and procedures for HK/China
- Managing work relationships with the regulatory bodies by having an effective communication between business leaders and other functional areas
- Involving in ad hoc projects
The Successful Applicant
You will have at least 10 years’ experience gained within a financial services compliance function or a lawyer with an asset manager handling both legal and compliance. You will possess sound knowledge of Hong Kong compliance and regulatory laws as well as some experience of the China market and have strong communication, analytical and leadership skills. Hands on experience with asset management business will be an advantage. Fluency in English and Mandarin is essential.
Please press the APPLY button or email your CV to Christy Lam at email@example.com quoting the reference for a confidential discussion.
Follow us on LinkedIn to be the first person to learn about our featured mid to senior level opportunities.
Head of Brands Partnership & New Business, Asia (Singapore)
My client is one of world's leading entertainment company and its brand name is synonymous with providing consumers with endless hours of enjoyment. Their innovative tailor made solutions have helped brands to grow their businesses significantly. A fantastic opportunity has come up where they are seeking a Head of Brands Partnership and Business Development for Asia.
This division provides tailor made entertainment marketing solutions for brands for customer acquisition & retention and currently runs more than 350 major partnerships.
- Responsible for the growth strategy and delivery of this division's revenues, revenue diversification and profits in Asia
- Lead Asia in accordance with local and global monetization strategy including data premium audience targeting solutions, aimed at transforming the organisation from a content driven to a media driven company.
- Drive Asia partnership deals with brands to provide them with a one stop shop entertainment content, marketing & communication solutions including dedicated multimedia service platforms and social media activations.
- Proactively source new business opportunities via identification of potential business partners and creating and managing relationships with agencies and other channel partners.
- Actively network and participate in industry events and bodies and recognise trends in the use of entertainment, notably by brands and developing new business models making use of the varied assets to deliver significant profit.
- Maximum exploitation of the full suite of the company's content and assets across potential business partners
- Develop and lead team to conceptualize and present commercially viable propositions to current and prospective business partners and manage negotiation of commercials with external parties.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working within an international Business Development environment, with proven track record of reaching sales target, delivering large scale sponsorship, endorsement and brand related campaigns (preferably within the entertainment sector)
- Advanced understanding of digital, subscription, social media, mobile and Internet technologies, platforms, handset capabilities and all local Telco and mobile company operations /offerings
- Advanced understanding of online partners, technology and future market opportunities
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability to negotiate and close deals with C-Level (CEO, CMO etc.)
- Experience working in music, media or entertainment industries
- Excellent communication/presentation skills within an international environment
- Excellent understanding of digital, mobile and social markets
- Strong knowledge in media valuation tools (campaign set up and valuation) as well as data
- Focused on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Organized: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Willing to travel to develop business internationally
Interested applicants, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting WS-13463 as reference. Your information will be treated with highest confidentiality.